Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Cambridge Curry Club- Saumya Balsari




Why did I pick it up- Undone by the blurb, alas. And a claim that it was like the 'No 1 Ladies Detective Agency' Either that Bookseller correspondent or I have to re- read that one.

Interest zones- Other than the blurb? Hmm Noddy the parrot and Roman Tempest.

But- Let's make it buts. Very uninspired writing. character sterotyped, plot- boring. I skip- read. Sorry ,but what could I do?. The story  does have bursts of interesting bits - like Durga's past and Durga and Tempest. But those are few and far in between.

Final Verdict- The curry has neither flavour nor fragrance. Just the odd dash of colour. Pass over if you care about what's on your plate.

©Maya

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you did not find the book to your liking.
    Saumya Balsari

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry too, Saumya. But different strokes for different folks, right? Happy Writing.
    Regards
    Maya

    ReplyDelete