Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Alison Wonderland- Helen Smith

                                        (SORRY- NO IMAGE OF BOOK COVER)

This was an off beat quircky title and book that I met on whichbooks.com. The blurb said many things- cult status, deadpan humour, Thelma and Louis meets Agatha Christie adventure- all irresistable stuff. Then I made the mistake of believing it and I acctually bought the book

What can I see- I lost the plot almost as soon as the book began, the protaganiost a little while after that, the writing was too stylised and I  never got into it. I am sure it was funny, only I never reached the funny bits.

I lasted nearly hundred pages which is half the book if you think  about it and then I gave up. I don't know what happened to Alison> it didin't matter because I had no iidea what had happened to her till then anyway.

If some one has read it and has different view, I would love to know what I missed.
Maya

2 comments:

  1. Life's too short to read books that we don't get along with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! Also all that brags (in blurbs) is not borne out (By the book).

    ReplyDelete